Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Different Series of Transmitters and Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahir4awan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was reading data sheet of RF800 Encoder and Decoder IC in which it was stated that this IC is compatible with 200, 204 and 207 series transmitters. Can anyone tell me what do these series numbers mean. Are these the operating frequency of the transmitter or these numbers tell the transmitters range?

the datasheet would indicate that they (RF800) are just the part number names. it would be the transmitter and receiver modules that they connect to that would determine the freq of operation.

As for the 200, 204, 207 series beasties.....

see SP200 - 213 Data Sheet for info they are RS232 Tranceiver IC's
also datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAX200-MAX213.pdf

NOTE they are RS232 tranceivers NOT RF transceivers !!

Remember GOOGLE is your friend :)

Dave

covcst

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

tahir4awan

V

Thanks Dave for your great help but I have a question that there are many series of transmitters and receivers but how can we know that they are RF, RS232 with the series numbers?
Well I was reading RF800 IC data sheet. It is a RF transmitter/receiver.

Last edited:

I don't think the reference is to the Maxim ICs, try looking on the web site of "RF Solutions" at . I think they are RF data modules.

Brian.

I don't think the reference is to the Maxim ICs, try looking on the web site of "RF Solutions" at . I think they are RF data modules.
Brian.

again....
the RF800's are just encoders and decoders, they are NOT RF modules, they connect to RF modules, the datasheet tells all

read the 3rd point down ..... "Connects easily to RF modules"

The 200 - 213 series devices are RS232 tranceivers, as I quoted above with a couple of links to different manufacturers

cheers
Dave

---------- Post added at 03:17 ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 ----------

Thanks Dave for your great help but I have a question that there are many series of transmitters and receivers but how can we know that they are RF, RS232 with the series numbers?
Well I was reading RF800 IC data sheet. It is a RF transmitter/receiver.

you have to read the datasheets to find that info out for any IC, it tells you the IC's functions and specifications :)

Dave

Reactions: tahir4awan

V

tahir4awan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back