Not open for further replies.

jayguarprince

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need to generate two different clock signals (10MHz/25MHz square wave 50% pulse width) 1.8V level on a single PCB board. I have thought of using programmable PLL ICs with external crystal but problem is I am not allowed to use any kind of digital programming (such as uC). Couldn't find any suitable chips on the market which the output frequency is set by using external passive components (resistors, capacitors etc.).

Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks.
Doug

jayguarprince,

You could use a 50M crystal and run it through some simple logic. A divide by 2, a Flip Flop, will produce the 25M. A counter that counts to 5 will produce the 10M clock.

Sckoarn

A counter that counts to 5 will produce the 10M clock.
It has either to act on both clock edges or use additional logic to get 50% duty cycle from a 50 MHz input.

As FvM states, logic would have to be able to use both edges, and that is not the easyest way.

If you can use a 100 MHz crystal, you can use a divide by 4 logic to get 25 MHz and a divide by 10 to get the 10MHz. This way you can use all positive edge logic to do your divide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…