Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differences between Arduino and PSOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

123elctro

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could someone tell me the basic differences between Arduino and PSOC. I have read on net that PSOC has mixed signal array of reconfigurable Analog and digital blocks but doesn't even an ARDUINO have both analog and digital pins.It too has ADC ,PWM and memory, MCU on a single chip .Yes, I understand that Arduino does not have all that PSOC has though... but can't it be called a system on chip as well?

Thanks ... Please help!

Comparing the Arduino to the PSOC is comparing apples to oranges. The Arduino is a complete PCB with an Atmel MCU at it's heart while the PSOC is only the MCU.

Regarding the term "system on chip" - it's more of a marketing term then anything else. There's no clear margin between what should and what shouldn't be considered a "system on chip"...

Anyways, calling the PSOC a "system on chip" becomes laughable when you compare it to ICs like this one for example:
https://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/processors/808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back