Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differences between Altium, Protel and Pcad software

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_kavith

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im using orcad tool for designing. i want learn different toolz to develop my career. is there any difference b/w altium, protel, pcad. plz anybodu knows reply 2 me.

Re: altium, protel, pcad

do well than do more

Re: altium, protel, pcad

hi

if you are using orcad tool then it is good to use. As far as my experience i have found Cadence tools are most powerful than any other pcb design software. but takes some time to learn tools.
Pcad is an easy software to learn but it is has not much powerful tools like in allegro. For ex: consraint, length matching, die making, saving components from a single pcb. On the other hand altium is an advance software but still you need to learn altium tool . Designer are using Cadence tool for high speed, match length, differntial and complex routing, blind burried vias pcb. So i would recommend you to use Cadence if you have know how of pcb design software. and if you are just beigner use Pcad.

regard
SA

Altium has ceased development of P-CAD.

m using orcad 9.1 last 6 months only. i m new 2 this field. in orcad layout library, for smd type footprint what is this,

"QUAD.050/44/WG.785"

here 44 means 44 pins then 0.05? wg.785?. plz explain it

m using orcad 9.1 last 6 months only. i m new 2 this field. in orcad layout library, for smd type footprint what is this,

"QUAD.050/44/WG.785"

here 44 means 44 pins then 0.05? wg.785?. plz explain it

.05 will be the leg pitch 0.05". The WG.785 will be the body dimension I think: 0.785".
I think that may include the J legs - it is too wide for a PLCC body. The easiest way to check is to look at the library and check the layout dimensions.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back