Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between core power pad and IO pad

RuihW

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I'm designing the IO ring with TSMC 0.18um PDK. In my design, the majority of the FETs are 1.8V. But there are some 3V FETs that need 3V for gate (they still use 1.8V for Vds). The 0.18um PDK has two pads: PVDD3A and PVDD3AC. Which one should I use for VDD? My understanding is that since the core is based on 1.8V, I should use 3AC. Am I correct?

What does the documentation say about the A and AC variants? Whats the difference between them?

What does the documentation say about the A and AC variants? Whats the difference between them?
The "C" stands for core. According to the databook, the A variant is for IO voltage (3.3V) and AC is for core voltage (1.8V). After reading the documents, I think I'll use the AC variant for VDD/VSS, and place power-cut cells to isolate the 3V pins.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back