Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dielectric material with dielectric constant > 80 and refractive index = ref. index o

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.6sept

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dielectric material with dielectric constant > 80 and refractive index = ref. index o

Hi all,

I'm searching for a dielectric material whose dielectric constant > 80 and whose refractive index = refractive index of water.
plz let me know if any such material is available.

Regards,

Re: Dielectric material with dielectric constant > 80 and refractive index = ref. ind

Just for curiosity: at which frequency you have to use it ? I think that water itself has a dielectric constant close to 80; probably you can add salt to increase the value, if resistivity is not an issue.
What about the application ?

Re: Dielectric material with dielectric constant > 80 and refractive index = ref. ind

In good dielectric (i.e. lossless or low-loss) non-magnetic materials, refractive index and dielectric constant are not independent: n=sqrt(eps_r * mu_r).
Maybe there are metamaterials that fit what you are looking for.
Regards

Z

dear zorro,

but so far i know (correct me if i'm wrong) that metamaterials are having negative refractive index.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back