Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dielectric Fresnel lens in Near-field

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab123456

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one
I want to collimate the beam of the microstrip antenna array with flat (Fresnel) dielectric lens.
By the way, I want the whole antenna structure to be as compact as possible
And it is very important for me to achieve this goal.
I was thinking to make individual lenses for each element of array and by the mean of Fresnel Technique, curve it on a thick individual substrate and attach it directly on the antenna substrate board.
But there are several problems, for example:

1)It seems that the lens must be quite far from antenna (~40xlambda) in order to operate properly.

2)If we assume that above idea is practical, I don’t know how the individual lenses will affect the overall pattern of the array.

Is there any way to create a lens that could operate in near-field zone?

Is there any alternative way for creating collimated beam without lens (for example by changing the way that the elements of array are excited)?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back