Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Did you think about power consumption????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinatra

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have noticed that for small and batery operated operation many of
the microcontrollers avilable become unusable. Most of those that use 8051 based core seem to consume too much.
Curiously, those PICs are really low power, current cunsumption going down to microamps (in normal operation!!!, not in sleep mode)......
It really depends on the application....
16f628 seems to be a quite good option now.
Cheers.
S.

now,much mcu have standby function,Not only pic

there are those microcontrollers that have a low power mode and those that are termed as "low power" throughout its operation. the "low power" uC's are of course ideally for battery operated systesm

You tend to find that the microcontrollers are only low power when they're clocked at relatively low frequencies. The MSP430 range from TI is rated at a very low speed for its 125uA current consumption...

It is quite depend on your application! Is 2mA is higher? Some applications may see that it is really low!!

I knew that Toshiba controller can work with very low voltage which is used in handheld device!

Pic MCU standby current is low.
normal less 1 uA
I have a design that use pic12c508.
(car alarm transmitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.