Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DFT modes used in Si Validation

Status
Not open for further replies.

curty

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please let me know what all DFT modes are used for Si Validation. How they all correlate to the STA modes & what is the frequency is all modes ..

I believed you means with set_case_analysis, your force the design in scan mode, then you run your sta analysis?

Now STA is done in two ways...1) for Functional path 2) for Scan Path. For scan path, the frequency is scan frequency and at speed also...

My query regarding the different mode we have in STA & DFT ..
Functional
Transition fault test capture
PBIST
Extest Capture
Intest Capture
Scan Shift
Scan Shift Inversion
ATPG Mode
Stuck At Mode

Can someone explain in detail. What are all these modes & what is the frequency of operation with example ..

Regards
Gaurav

Extest Capture, Intest Capture are not the mode.. but they are related to JTAG...
Basically we have Scan Design, BIST and JTAG.....but all three are covered in the DFT modes...
Can I know what is the source of this information?

Thanks for the reply maulin .. Please elaborate on ATPG & StuckAT Modes too ..
Can you explain in detail about extest & intest capture too ..

These are used in STA closure ...

ATPG and Stuck at are not the modes. ATPG is for pattern generation and Stuck -at is the fault model..you can get lots of material for same.

Extest & Instest capture are the modes in STA. May be you have n't seen such scenario. Apart from this we have PBIST & TFT_Capture too.
But was looking for detailed information about these .. If somebody can share then it will be helpful ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back