Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[DFT-ATPG ] JTAG RST pin setup - issue with chains being only observable

Status
Not open for further replies.

srirao

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Experts ,

I've design with 9 Scan chains - including TDI-TDO being one of them. When I set jtag_RST pin as -TI in the pin assign as test_function, everything works fine while generating the patterns.
But for the design, at top level during Si checkout, the pin jtag_RST = 1 . So the pattern generated with -TI are not working. [ seeing mismatches]
When I changed the test_function for this pin to be +TI or +SC,+TC; create test fails - in the sense the coverage is at 0% as controllability on the chains are lost.

WITH jtag_RST being set as +TI using test_function :
There are 1 controllable scan chains fed by Scan In (SI) primary inputs.
There are 9 observable scan chains feeding to Scan Out (SO) primary outputs.
There are 0 controllable scan chains fed by on-product Pattern Generator(s).
There are 0 observable scan chains feeding to on-product Multiple-Input Signature Register

How to debug this issue? what could be reason for the scan chains to be only observable and not controllable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back