Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device for blind people question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonictronic

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I am studying electronics at college and only know basic things at the moment, but I would appreciate a little help with a project we are doing.

We have a electronic device that gives a digital output like a calculator with numbers but instead we want to replace the numbers with vibrations so that a blind person can use the device aswell. Eg. for 1 we give a * (vibration)..2 *-* etc.

When we have the device at hand we can upload a picture of the circuit board for you to see if so wishes.

Thank you! Any help at all is appreciated!

/Kim and John

can u explain ur project a still more datailed plz... wat the blind person do wit tat exactly????

Alright, it's a handheld chess computer that instead of using a touchscreen like most do it displayes the moves with a digital display like a calculator. For instance it might give somehting like a2-a3 which means the the piece or pawn that stands on a1 should move to a3. We have not yet seen a handheld chess game that says so moves out loud and we think this is the best way to do it by replacing the figures with beeps or vibration output. We haven't bought it yet since we want to see if it's possible at all.

here's a link to the computer **broken link removed**

for making the moves we will make a button to press in mourse code style to represent the chess notation e.g. a2-a3 like above. We have 5 month to finnish the project and we are only mindmappning at the moment.

Do you have any ideas?

HOW IS HE GOING TO KNOW which piece was moved.
I did not see the webpage I will try to do asap but is the project idea explained there in details? so that i can be of help

Status
Not open for further replies.