Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detection of mechanical damage using microphone & DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwok

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm looking for information about "How to detect mechanical damage using microphone". I know, that the Professional devices uses ultrasound sensors but I think that simple microphone and DSP can do this too.

First We need an audio signal, amplitude, FFT of well working machine. When We measure in real time, We can subtract this old signal from new one. I think it could work with engines. But what do You think about suspension. Different textures of road, roughness, bumps. Is it posiible?

Thanks for answers.

what about the precision? 'ordinary' audio signals has long wavelength... so I think, in my opinion, it cannot detect small c-r-ac-k [why this word censored by **** anyway?] and textures. But maybe it works on large objects. CMIIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back