Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detecting rising edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dope40

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , i'm building a tachometer for school and its using 5v pulses, and i need to :
1 count the rising edges in 1/10 of a second
2 multiply the result by 600 so i get the rev/min
3 display the result on a 16x2 lcd

i know how to display the result , but i don't know how to detect and multiply them.

Which microcontroller are you using? You should be able to use the external interrupt feature of the microcontroller to detect rising edge. Multiply by 600 can simply be done in software.

I'm using PIC16f628a to do that but i dont know what to write in the code, i want to write it in C or BASIC

i have never used the interrupt feature of the PIC16F628A , but i will see what i can find about it

Hi , i'm building a tachometer for school and its using 5v pulses, and i need to :
1 count the rising edges in 1/10 of a second
2 multiply the result by 600 so i get the rev/min
3 display the result on a 16x2 lcd

i know how to display the result , but i don't know how to detect and multiply them.

witch mcu wants to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back