Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detect LED died in LED Mesaage Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khongai

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me, How to do it?

Re: Detect LED died in LED Message Display?

Just display a whole block on your display (all LED on), or move a full vertical bar through the display at a low enough speed to catch the dead LEDs.

Cheers,

but LED display very far from me ( about 1km)

Taner said:
you can use a current sense of the LED display, with current sensor
You can also sense the voltage drop across the LED. If the LED has failed open, the voltage will go to the power supply voltage. If the LED failed short, the voltage will go to zero.

khongai said:
but LED display very far from me ( about 1km)
You did not say that in the first post.

As some people have suggested, you can sense the current goes through the driver outputs, by using a current sensor, or by measuring just the voltage at the driver outputs.

Cheers,

scan leds one by one. just check the drop across the "current limit resistance"(the one in series, with all leds) which ever led shows VCC as drop, its disconnected

mondunno said:
scan leds one by one. just check the drop across the "current limit resistance"(the one in series, with all leds) which ever led shows VCC as drop, its disconnected
Would an LED display have a single currelt-limiting resistor? I doubt it.

The TLC5940 is a 16-channel constant-current sink LED driver.

The TLC5940 features two error information circuits. The LED open detection (LOD) indicates a broken or disconnected LED at an output terminal. The thermal error flag (TEF) indicates an overtemperature condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back