Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detect infrared codes from the remote controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoRub

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have in my home an air conditioner and his remote controller that control by IR communication so when I touch one command in the remote controller the led of the remote controller become to flick in one frequency for example 100 flickers per second and this say for example to the air conditioner to up the temperature by 1 degree of celsius and if I touch other button for example to change to cold mode so the led flick in other frequency for example 500 flickers per second, I have the air conditioner remote controller (the sender), the air conditioner (the receiver) and universal remote controller for air conditioners but I don't know the codes )the frequencies of the led for every command) so I want to find it or to discover it so my question is how I can do it?
Is exist one device that can detect the codes of the remote controller? if yes so I will glad if you can add a website about this

Each brand has its own codes for their remote controls.

It is fun to shine a remote on a photodiode and watch the response on an oscilloscope. Each button produces a different sequence of short and long pulses. There might be several dozen pulses. I don't think I've seen as many as 500.

You can purchase a 'universal' remote. It can learn the code for your appliance. You do this by aiming your existing remote at the universal remote while you have the 'learn' button held down.

Occasionally someone here has talked about building his own learning remote control, based around a pic or microcontroller.

Each button produces a different sequence of short and long pulses. There might be several dozen pulses. I don't think I've seen as many as 500

Some IR remote control devices produce a train of pulse instead of pure logic levels. Probably GoRub refers to all pulses shown on oscilloscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.