Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DesignVisi​on Synthesis Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrithik

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DesignVisi​on Synthesis Options?

Attached is the original multiplier design alongwith its synthesized version.

The problem is that DesignVision (DV) uses the following mappings in the synthesized design.
1) X_Logic0_port <= '0';
This signal gets mapped to one of the inputs of a Full Adder; I want DV to use a half adder instead.
2) FS_1_n4 <= '0';
This signal gets mapped to one of the inputs of a 2-input OR gate; I want DV to use a direct mapping instead (output <= other_input) .
3) FS_1_n3 <= '0';
This signal gets mapped to one of the inputs of a 2-input OR gate; I want DV to use a direct mapping instead (output <= other_input) .
4) FS_1_n2 <= '1';
This signal gets mapped to one of the inputs of a 2-input AND gate; I want DV to use a direct mapping instead (output <= other_input) .

5) In the component "mult4x4_DW02_mult_0", there is a input defined (TC) which is completely unused in its entity and also it is mapped to '0' in the main design.
I need to avoid these ununsed inputs altogether.

What are the compile options I could use in the DesignVision Synthesis tool to achieve these results?
Thanks!

Attachments

• mult4x4.txt
    389 bytes · Views: 51
  • mult4x4_syn.txt
    11 KB · Views: 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back