Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing of low cost and low weight UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What power you need?

What batteries you plan to use? and how much?

What is voltage of batteries ?

What sinewave shape do you need : square, pure sine, simulated sine

Is there solar cells for charging?

What type of charging of batteries you plan ?

Is portable or stationary inverter ?

What money funds do you have (there is no cheap diy, chinese is cheap) ?

Search EdaBoard forum there is lots of circuits of inverters.

i am an engeneering student
i dont have any idea of what the output power is going to be
this is just a model project work i am doing
it is a portable device
i guess we Are going to use a car battery
i dont know about using solar cells for charging it

In fact, the hardest stage in any of my designs is the first one in which I have to find out what the circuit (the product) is assumed to have as features. Otherwise it is like solving a set of equations all their terms are unknown or the unknowns are more than the number of the equations that define the problem.

yes it is
just give me two days il find out all the details and let you know

i am an engeneering student
i dont have any idea of what the output power is going to be
this is just a model project work i am doing
it is a portable device
i guess we Are going to use a car battery
i dont know about using solar cells for charging it

Hello there hgf... you from hyderabad... you must have seen simple low cost CFL inverters( 45 watts runs for 2-3 hours) shop keepers have been using from past some times...
you should go in the local electronics market and search for its circuit... if you find it, you should get it max in 500 rs... or else you can buy one cfl inverter box in Rs1300 and open it up and examine the circuit...this is the easiest way.... you can open computer ups but i can say you wont understand anything in it...
so my advice better go with cfl inverter...

wow...!!!
that is a very simple solution :)
thnks a lot

wow...!!!
that is a very simple solution :)
thnks a lot

after you find it or buy it, inform me, i have understood the working and might be able to explain it to you too...also check out the books market for ups servicing and repairng book, you will get much knowledge from them...

People UPS and inverter not the same!!!

On first post he told us he need UPS.

Inverter from CFL lamps not the same inverter as inverter 12V to 220V or ups inverter

If zou whant to ups or inverter (not the same) to be portable then standard car battery is bad, use sealed lead acid with gell/glass technology (no leaking acid from it, all orientation and position of battery).

Search edaboard forum there is lots of ups circuits and explanations.

People UPS and inverter not the same!!!

On first post he told us he need UPS.

Inverter from CFL lamps not the same inverter as inverter 12V to 220V or ups inverter

If zou whant to ups or inverter (not the same) to be portable then standard car battery is bad, use sealed lead acid with gell/glass technology (no leaking acid from it, all orientation and position of battery).

Search edaboard forum there is lots of ups circuits and explanations.

pls give any proper verified links for functioning ups....there are a thousand ckts on ups on the net... but i have seen people having problems with the most simple ones...so i recommended to use a book also... i have 2 project books and just bought a ups repairing book and circuits designed in them work... but circuits from net require tweaking and change... not everyone is skilled on that...

pls give any proper verified links for functioning ups....there are a thousand ckts on ups on the net... but i have seen people having problems with the most simple ones...so i recommended to use a book also... i have 2 project books and just bought a ups repairing book and circuits designed in them work... but circuits from net require tweaking and change... not everyone is skilled on that...

There is no specially tweeking for ups compared to inverter. UPS and inverter are similar, with difference that UPS (name talks) can respond on power lost, freq and voltage oscillation.

Simple Inverter circuits can be changed to be ups.

In attachment I send some examples.

On edaboard you can find lots lots about ups and inverters, just use search field.

Attachments

• !!! UPS_PIC16F84.RAR
    133.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Circuit2.jpg
    Circuit2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Circuit3.jpg
    Circuit3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Circuit.jpg
    Circuit.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 73