Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing impedance matching circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a RF engineer with a few years experience starting to get involved with circuit design. I.E. impedance matcing circuit.

I have a EE and I know how caps. ind. diodes, trans. fets. work but when I look at a circuit diagram I say to myself oh S**T how did they do that knoe to use a cap here with this value or a indu here with this value, how did they know to put the components in series or parallel?

How hard is it to make imp matching circuits, using R,L,C's - discrete components? Is it really that hard? I know imp matching circuits rely on smith charts...

Can I really say that I undertand R,L,C,s if I cant do impedance matching circuits?

How long should I expect to learn this? Where do I go to teach myself? Is there a website or book I can use?

RF System engineer turning to RF embedded engineer

Look at Tom Lee's book, RF IC Design. That gives some good info on matching.

It took me two days to learn smith chart and if you do the same matching will be a breeze.

whilw desigining this circut v sud knw about o/p nd o/p values of both circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.