Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing Filter using fir1 in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poopsilon

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I'm trying to generate a filter fir1(31,0.25) and plot the normalized frequency response using -1 ≦ Θ ≦ 1, but I can't figure out where I am suppose to put in the angle theta, could someone help me out with this? Thanks.

Read here for examples using fir1 to design a filter.
Window-based finite impulse response filter design - MATLAB

If you are supposed to plot vs. theta, then you are supposed to look at the phase response. I'd start with freqz to see both the mag and phase response of your filter. Make sure your filter looks correct (frequency response matches your inputs to fir1), then look at the phase. You should see lots of phase change near the corner frequencies of the filter.
Frequency response of filter - MATLAB

You could also use phasez, which should give you just the phase response of the digital filter.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back