Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing a controller with MATLAB's sistool

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot27

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Matlab??

Helo,
I am currently designing a controller whice goal is stabilizing (by means of feedback)
a known plant.

The design is carried out with matlab. Now, there is an option of using the gui "sisotool"
for the controller design.
The problem is that i want the closed loop system to meet certain
demands that are defined in *advance*, and I don't want to "manully" create the contoller with the gui, after examining the plant.

My goal is to the close the loop, so that the controller will be implemnted without the use of a gui, as a continous part of the program with no intervetion (as with the gui).

Thx,
erez ahatul

Matlab??

By usage of sisotool you can incorporate your known (by transfer function or other meaning) plant into closed loop with controller which parameters can be changed. By changing those parameters you can see the response of closed loop (plant with controller). When the characteristics of closed loop system will meet your design requirements you just use those static parameters. You will have them as ZPK,TF or SS system. The next step is to generate the C code which will perform as such system and incorporate it into real plant. After that you are not going to use any GUI, just your embedded system. If you are lucky, and plant was identified properly and it's parameters are stable, your controller doesn't need any more attention.

Good luck

Micard

Status
Not open for further replies.