Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designig help required for voltage stabilizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need information about the taping of a tap changing voltage stabilizer transformer. I mean, for better regulation.

I've done a rough calculation for the transformer. tapping is selected as: 180, 200, 220, 240, 260. and common.

tapping is select as - 137 . 200 . 240 . 290

This is for a specific circuit with a specific relay driving algorithm. It would help if you discussed when which relay is turned on at which voltage or a similar table.

I need information about the taping of a tap changing voltage stabilizer transformer. I mean, for better regulation.

I've done a rough calculation for the transformer. tapping is selected as: 180, 200, 220, 240, 260. and common.

How about adding one at 160v for lower input voltages? What is your input voltage range?
How do you drive the relays? Turn on a relay at a specific voltage and turn the next one on at the next voltage and so on?

How about adding one at 160v for lower input voltages? What is your input voltage range?
How do you drive the relays? Turn on a relay at a specific voltage and turn the next one on at the next voltage and so on?

Why we need to add another 160V tap? my range is 180-260. Relays are turned on one by one sequentially.

Then, it's fine. I think it would make more sense if the range was from 150v or 160v.

Status
Not open for further replies.