Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design: voltage and ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

sty2004

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I want to know how to design the followings..I am stuck with my little knowledge in electronics.

The circuit is composed of two identical parts. Each part has a ground and a voltage supply. When one part has a voltage supply, the current will flow to the other part which is to ground. The same for other part. (Note no need for both voltage supply ON simultaneously.)

help.jpg
Many thanks.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question and what you intend to do here!

But you can tie up grounds together, I assume voltage can be different and can be switched as and when required, so can't be connected together.

Sorry I should make it more clearly that there is only one wire connecting the two identical parts (the design that I request).

The square box in the attachment is the design I want you guys to help me. It is just like "fill in the box"..
help2.jpg

still i am not so clear that what are u looking for this circuit??? i mean what is yr exact ques??

I want to design a simple circuit for controlling voltage of pads in a microfluidics system(using electrowetting technique).

Initially all pads( just some pieces of flat copper but isolated) are grounded. When one of the pads has voltage supply the current will go to other pads (the water drop in between will serve as a wire)then the water drop will move to the pad with higher voltage due to potential difference and electrowetting principle. This is what I want.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

@Pravinspidy

I want the design to satisfy both cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back