Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design question regarding choosing currents

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidmanbasha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design an amplifier that consists of 2 differential stages and a CS amp. For the CS, determining the current is restricted by the required o/p swing. But for the 2 diff stages I want to use the least current possible ( but not the subthreshold current because I don't want to get into complex calculations and effects). To decide the least current possible I made DC sweeps between Vgs and Ids but these curves do differ according to the aspect ratio of the transistor and also I thought I can't take the current at Vgs=Vth because that way I am assuming that Vdsat is equal to zero. If I am going to decide the transistor sizes according to the current, how will I decide the current when it depends on the sizes? Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.