Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of microwave filters using coupled lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

martine1212

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello board:
I have been dealing with a problem for almost two weeks and still it is a no go!!!

1.- I am reading the following reference for designing TEM filters with quarter wave lines.

General theory and design of optimum
Quarter wave TEM filters.

M. C. Horton, R. J. Wenzel

I can provide a copy to whoever is interested and would be willing to help me. (Yes I am sort of desperate!!! ). Also I have an active IEEE subscription to basically all journals, I can provide almost any paper to the person/people that could help me for about a month.

2.- Now the problem is that I am trying to duplicate the example on page 321 but I can not get the correct coefficients for the "unnormalized" chebyshev polynomial and have no idea how to unnormalized the normalized polynomial that Matlab or Mathematica generates. Unnormalize in which range??? how??

3.- I already went to the math article (reference 19), calculated the Chebyshev polynomial, but still I can not get the |t|² on page 321 equation 16, and of course my reflection coefficient |ρ| is also incorrect.

4.-All this work to generate a compact wideband balun on and IC (I just have 5 x 5 mm to work with) for my dissertation.

5.- I would be willing to pay (how about a nice Benjamin Franklin bill) one math people to take a look and show me where the heck is my mistake or how from equation 16 they go to 17.

^.- Thank you in advance for any help....I have a big headache by now...:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back