Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of meander line inductor(microstrip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSH

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
meander line inductor

Hi anybody
I need to design meander line inductor(microstrip line).But I don"t know how to design.
I don"n know what software can help me.Please help me.
Regards

meander line inductor design

For microstrip line u can use Ensemble 8.0 (2.5 D). UFSS and CST are better because they are 3D.If you want to know something more, ask.

Can you provide for me material about sinous antennas?
I've no heritage about it.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas
Lupin

meander inductor microstrip

Hi,

meander inductor in microstrip is not the optimum one as the current flows in oposite direction in paralell lines thus reducing flux and effective inductance. Spiral inductors are much more efficient but require an air bridge to connect inner end of an inductor.

You can model your meander inductor approximately in any circuit simulator than can use model for multiple coupled mixrostrips (MWO, Ansoft Designer, ADS - elements from PCB transmission lines library).
In all programs mentioned you also have model for spiral inductor you can use straight away. You can tham move to layout and use 2.5D or full 3D EM simulator to refine your design.

Hope this helps.

flyhigh

meander inductor ADS

Hi,

search the forum for "coils and pcb", there was an internal application note from Philips about this issue. You will find it very usefull.

regards, Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back