Status
Not open for further replies.

enamshah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am designing a log periodic dipole array antenna (not planar) with 1 to 3 GHz operating frequency vswr<1.6 and gain>10 dbi
actually i am having the problem of feeding the antenna.
can anyone help me with some model of LPDA so that i can understand how to feed .plllllllzzz its urgent

hi
at the end of antenna with smaller width u can add a lump port between both element of top and bottom

thanks ferdows
but the prob is that i am designing lpda with 2 booms and i have to give feed like real environment . i have to use coaxial cable and n type female connector .the requirement is that the n type emale connector will be connected to antenna an the coaxial cable will be connected to antenna through connector......the prob arises here how to simulate this while i studied in some text that i have to connect outer conductor(copper) of coax cable with lower boom at longest element side and inner conductor to upper boom at smaller element side .....so can u help me i want low vswr but high gain......or if u can give me some model i will be very gratefull to u.......

hi
no need to design a structure like coaxial connectors , no differ between the structure i suggested and u said and in here important correct arouse
i never design log periodic in this model and frequency but for increase gain u can add an reflector in back of antenna(the part u add port) for decrease VSWR u should design antenna with more element like 7 or 9 and so u should increase length of antenna

Last edited:

hi
this software my be useful

Attachments

• lpda.exe
    56 KB · Views: 238

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…