Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of log periodic antenna in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

enamshah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am designing a log periodic dipole array antenna (not planar) with 1 to 3 GHz operating frequency vswr<1.6 and gain>10 dbi
actually i am having the problem of feeding the antenna.
can anyone help me with some model of LPDA so that i can understand how to feed .plllllllzzz its urgent

hi
at the end of antenna with smaller width u can add a lump port between both element of top and bottom

thanks ferdows
but the prob is that i am designing lpda with 2 booms and i have to give feed like real environment . i have to use coaxial cable and n type female connector .the requirement is that the n type emale connector will be connected to antenna an the coaxial cable will be connected to antenna through connector......the prob arises here how to simulate this while i studied in some text that i have to connect outer conductor(copper) of coax cable with lower boom at longest element side and inner conductor to upper boom at smaller element side .....so can u help me i want low vswr but high gain......or if u can give me some model i will be very gratefull to u.......

hi
no need to design a structure like coaxial connectors , no differ between the structure i suggested and u said and in here important correct arouse
i never design log periodic in this model and frequency but for increase gain u can add an reflector in back of antenna(the part u add port) for decrease VSWR u should design antenna with more element like 7 or 9 and so u should increase length of antenna

Last edited:

hi
this software my be useful

Attachments

• lpda.exe
    56 KB · Views: 236

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back