Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of dipole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhu14365

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi want to design a dipole antenna from 0.7 to 3 GHz..can anyone please help me out how to proceed ....and post me some useful links which helps in designing..

madhu14365

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

billl

the dipole antennas are narrow band. between 0.7 ans 3 GHz bandwitdh is wide for dipole antenna. to increase the bandwith the dipole antenna's cylinder radius should be thick, but altougt this cannot ve wide band.
If you design the dipole antenna used coni instead of cylinder may be wide band

hi
which kind of dipole u want? microstrip or planner antenna?
that pier paper not a dipole antenna and it is and LP CPW antenna
for wide band dipole antenna u should that technique that sezgyno said in last post

i need microstrip antenna...can you please post me some useful links for designing...

with using microstrip antenna dipole you cannot obtain wide band. if you want design on printed circuit board use bowtie antenna, you can obtain wide band.

hi madhu
i never seen a dipole antenna for this application and design microstrip dipole may be impossible for these frequency but i search and if i found i say u

dear friend
a dipole antenna is not so wideband for covering 0.7-3 GHz. you may design a striped log periodic antenna.
pay attention that the equivalent diameter is half of the strip width. you may slim strips for being constant k.
if you use PCB , add its EPSILON AR on your calculation. good luck. juji tabrizi

Hi want to design a dipole antenna from 0.7 to 3 GHz..can anyone please help me out how to proceed ....and post me some useful links which helps in designing..

I don't have time to Google it now, but I know there's an IEEE paper on a wide band antenna which essentially has an ellipse with minor and major axes 'a'' and 'b' respectively. The nice thing about that design is that there is a fairly simple formula to find the dimensions. If you don't find it later in the day, I'll try to find it myself, but I have to go to work now.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back