Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a Bias Tee for measuring varactor diode impedence

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopi Ram

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,

I need to design a bias Tee for measuring the capacitance of varactor diode using VNA.
To bias the varactor diode i need dc.To measure the capacitance i use S11 value from the VNA. So to separate the RF and DC i need a bias tee arrangment.
So pls suggest some design techniques/link/books for designing a wide band bias tee (Range 300K to 5G Hz)

Thanks

Hai,

That was useful. But actually i am intrested in designing a bias tee .I am completely new to it. So pls suggest me design procedures /Links .That would really be useful.

Thanks
Shopitham.

Hai,

I read through "VNA measurement" I checked the resistance btw the port terminal and gnd ,the meter read a resistance much higher than 50 ohms. Also near my VNA port iti read this "30 VDC 28 dbm" does that mean there is a bias tee inside my network analyzer. Will the VNA gnd the DC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.