Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design lift cotrol logic unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwqas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design and implement a lift cotrol logic unit to serve a building containing eight floors. The design has also one more constraint that of being serving only two persons.
1)
Design a well suited lift cotrol logic unit keeping in view the contraints like safety, cost, power consumption, chip area, and speed.
2)Test your design using LogicWorks or Logisim with clear mentions of the data sheets of each used ICs.

"Traction elevators raise and lower the elevator cab with cables, a pulley system, and counter weights powered by a motor at the main drive wheel. Motors for traction elevators were traditionally DC or synchronous, but new installations use AC motors and VFDs for speed control."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable-frequency_drive

To start at the chip level for a newbie is a bit ambitious as well as knowledge of reliability in design.

Last edited:

Hi Alwqas,
I am a student in Elec. eng. and my project in digital design course is a lift control unit that serve 8-floors and 2-persons.
So, if you have any idea OR any logisim implemintation that belongs to this project, PLEASE inform me.
I have been allready finished the first stage of the project which is a lift that serve 8-floors and only one person.
But i don not know how to modify it to serve two persons.

A good logic design should be scalable with the same environmental limits and safety criteria. The logic is the same, but the control feedback that affects dynamic control, may need be adjusted.

So scale up motors, drivers, ballast weights , lift dimensions, etc

alajmi said:
I have been allready finished the first stage of the project which is a lift that serve 8-floors and only one person.
But i don not know how to modify it to serve two persons.
What do you mean by "person"? You mean you have to adjust weight limits and cabin size?

In general the main things you have to do is calls service, doors and locks manipulation, cabin motor driving for high and low speed and position detect from magnetic sensors. In addition you have to indicate current floor, as well as elevator direction (up-down), cabin lights, in series security circuit and a few more.

What of the above are you going to implement?
I am not mentioning software requirements because as I understood it is only about hardware, is that correct?

It looks like you misunderstood me.
my course is just an introduction to logic design,
My project is so simple than what you understood.
all what i am going to do is to design with logisim program a simple lift control unit.
i mean by "person" is that the lift accepts 2 persons only at a time .
this means their curr. position and their destinations.
the difficulity lies in the Truth table of the possibilities of the lift motion.
what i have learnt so far in this course is Decoders, Multiplexers, Up/Down counters and registers only.
how can i employ these in my project...
thenks for answered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.