Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design for analog circuits with TSMC 130nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyengui

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I will migrate all my circuits designed in IBM 130nm to TSMC 130nm.
I would like to know if there is someone who has had a similar experience, and if he can help me on the choice of transistors or by giving me some documents?

Best regards

Firas

Regarding the mapping of transistors, you need to understand both technologies well. Sometimes you can't map cells 1:1 , but it depends also on the properties of the source cell, which target cell to choose.
Migrating schematics in that particular path (IBM -> TSMC) you may face trouble with different symbols, symbol orientation, different number of terminals, mapping of netname properties to wires etc.

There is no simple automated rule-based conversion for analog circuits, because the transistors' electrical behavior is too different. A rule-based schematic conversion gives only a starting point for a subsequent re-sizing based on simulation runs. That's also the reason why analog layout migration on GDSII level usually fails.
MunEDA sells analog IP migration software for these purposes (schematic migration & resizing), see **broken link removed**

Migration from IBM to TSMC, hmm... Do You work at CERN? ;-)

In tsmc transistors has a bit smaller transconductance but higher intrinsic gain. The pdk provides bsim3.3 model instead of bsim4 in ibm.
In layout the main differences are metal stacks. At ibm cmos8rf You have 3-2-3 stack with big size differences between vias, while at tsmc for the first 5 metals the vias are the same. Also some design rules are quite different and what is the worst, the colors of layers are terrible ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.