Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Demux(s) + Prescaler(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baube

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to do a "Prescaled Demux". I have 1 input signal (Encoder), coming in at 10kHz and I need with that signal to trigger 8 cameras at a multiple of that encoder. I have attached an image of what I need. As I am used with microcontrollers I wanted to program one to receive the input on an Interrupt and than do maths to check if(EncoderCount % 2) Trigg CAM1 & CAM2 // if(EncoderCount % 4) Trigg CAM3 & CAM4 // if(EncoderCount % 5) Trigg CAM5 & CAM6 & CAM7 & CAM8 ... The number of prescalers should not change. I have 3 groups. The value of the prescalers may change (design time, not run time). I'm not sure yet what's the perfect value but may vary for 1 to 8.

I was thinking of Demultiplexing the input in NB_Prescaled_Clock (3 in my case) and then add an IC Prescaler (MC12093 only does 2/4/8, anyone knows one that does 1 to 8 ?) and then Demultplexing those prescaled signals to the number of outputs for each prescaled signals.

I want to avoid uC, i'm sure I can do better with just 'electronics' and no 'software'.

I'm not very used with mux / demux / IC prescaler... So if anyone could suggest specific parts, would be appreciated !

Thanks,

-Yannick.

[EDIT] I moved this post to Digital Forum, can't I delete it ? [/EDIT]

Attachments

• Demux.png
    Demux.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com