Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

delay calculation for NAND gate using spectre calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

harishvl003

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends

Please tell me how to calculate delay for an 2-input NAND gate using spectre calculator.NAND gate has two inputs and one output.between which input and output i have to take the delay.how to do this .How to calculate leakage power and dynamic power using spectre calculator.Please help me its very urgent in my project.
I am using IC6.1

Thanks in advance

Regds
Harish

Hi, harishvl003.

To calculate delay I'd do the following: set logical 1 to one input, put a square pulse signal to the second and measure delay between raising and falling fronts of input and output respectively.
To calculate leakage power - perform dc analysis and multiply leakage current on supply voltage.
To calculate dynamic power - perform transient analysis and measure total charge which flow during one switching. Multiply this quantity on supply voltage and frequency of switching.

Regards, pavel.

Hello friends

Plz let me know how to calculate the worst case delay for a FULL Adder
what input combination I should use to calculate worst case delay using cadence.should I calculate the delay for carry and sum individually and see the worst one.Please let me know

Thanks In advance

Regds
Harish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back