Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC offset of integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jing

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
low offset integrator

I designed an integrator, it is actually a low pass filter, a simple one stage differential amplifier with one terminal input short to the output and connected to a capacitor. In this case, the input is a signal, the output would be the input average voltage. All the transistors work in the weak inversion. The integrator has a tail current of 100pA. The transistor were sized to have a DC offset of 5mV, that means the output is 5mV apart from the input DC level. However, when I tested this integrator, the offset is as large as 50mV. I don't know how come there is such a large DC offset.

The capacitor connected to the output in order for filtering is a MOSCAP. This big MOSCAP (10um by 10um ) was put quite close to the one side of this differential pair. Is it because of this to make the differential pair asymmetrical in the layout, and then cause such a big DC offset? Or is it because the tail current of 100pA is too small, it is comparable to the leakage current in transistors, therefore cause a big DC offset?

intergrator having dc offset

up

Status
Not open for further replies.