Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor control with HIP4082

Status
Not open for further replies.
hip4082 dc motor application

The app note link :
https://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/1703.pdf

To what level did you decrease the motor voltage ? Did you decrease it to level when spikes at motor was less than max 80 V for hip chip?

I see spikes more than 80 V at Ahs. Also IR app note pays attention to under voltage case where max voltage on bootstrap is increased too . Could you try to insert resistor serially with bootstrap diode D2 and zener 12 V parallel to C2 (according to first schematics). That is to restrict max voltage on bootstrap capacitor.

What is the V/div on scope wavefor for document in last attachment for V(Ahb – Ahs) diagram ?

Can you try to put tvs between ground and Ahs but close to bridge side to eliminate the current loop to hip chip for about 75 V limiting value (to filter spikes when AHO is OFF) ?

What is the type of bootstrap capacitors do you use? MLCC , conventinal ceramic , electrolytic ...?

Added after 20 minutes:

Check te voltage on C5 does it filter spikes as it should ? is it place as close as possible to bridge ?
Increase its value to more than 1 uF and use high quality capacitors . Reduce the current loop for freewheeling diode when inductance voltage on Ahs goes high than motor power supply .

s_cihan_tek

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
application note hip4082

The upper MOSFET was no longer conducting after we made adaquate supply filtering. But we saw that it wasn't the only problem the circuit had.

Due to time limitations, we gave up using HIP4082 and built the motor driver with a different topology. I think HIP4082 is more suitabe for Inverter circuits.

Thank you very much for your interest Artem, you've been very helpful.

12 dc driver+hip4082

Rica ederim.

From IR note i so that IR high side driver has transferring high ON OFF pulses in form of short pulses at rise and fall of input signal. Yet they have pulse discriminator to distinguish real input signal change from spikes. That could be another source of problem .

Kolay gelsin .

hip4082 intersil chip

it would like to be controllrd 2dc motor /36v/ with hip4082 I already built the bridge .
but I would like to find it out that with this the ic it is possible to drive the engine without pwm ?
I do not have need rev onto control the constant, there is a reversal only but it isn't quickly.

wait's your hardver plant or schematic.
Greet.

Status
Not open for further replies.