Status
Not open for further replies.

vipinlal

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to design a DC voltage converter. The input voltage range is 1.2 v to 3 v. And the output voltage should be constant at 1 v. How do I go about it?

Any pre made IC's available for this?

Thanks...

there are LDO's available for these kind of application.....here is one...

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lp3878-adj.pdf

in case of a 1.2V input it can output only 200mA with a dropout of 0.2V....if the output current rating is fine you shall go ahead.....

there are many buck converter designs available for the same.....but the choice between choosing an LDO or a buck depends on the output current you need.......

EA

Thanks Arun, my input will keep changing between 1.2 v and 3 v. So can I use the default circuit given in that PDF? Or do I need to change the capacitor or resistor values.

please follow the instructions/equations provide in the "SETTING THE OUTPUT VOLTAGE" section for selecting the resistor values and recommended 10uF capacitor is sufficient........

Dear vipinlal
Hi
There are difference ways , to achieve , your aim , but it is important that how much current you need at your out put , clearly ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.