Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC - DC voltage converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipinlal

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to design a DC voltage converter. The input voltage range is 1.2 v to 3 v. And the output voltage should be constant at 1 v. How do I go about it?

Any pre made IC's available for this?

Thanks...

there are LDO's available for these kind of application.....here is one...

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lp3878-adj.pdf

in case of a 1.2V input it can output only 200mA with a dropout of 0.2V....if the output current rating is fine you shall go ahead.....

there are many buck converter designs available for the same.....but the choice between choosing an LDO or a buck depends on the output current you need.......

EA

Thanks Arun, my input will keep changing between 1.2 v and 3 v. So can I use the default circuit given in that PDF? Or do I need to change the capacitor or resistor values.

please follow the instructions/equations provide in the "SETTING THE OUTPUT VOLTAGE" section for selecting the resistor values and recommended 10uF capacitor is sufficient........

Dear vipinlal
Hi
There are difference ways , to achieve , your aim , but it is important that how much current you need at your out put , clearly ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.