Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC DC converter lm5030 current sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbit1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does anyone know how to connect current sense pin on lm5030

Hi,

the datasheet knows.

I guess you need to be a bit more precise with your question.

Klaus

1627775807729.png

yes, as above as shown, the current signal, possibly with a light RC filter ( 330 ohm, 220pF ) is fed to the pin as shown above

Hi

Unless you give more details: it seems you don't want to read the datasheet on your own. You want us to read the datasheet and write down the informations here in your thread.

So please tell us more about what you did do far and what worries you in detail.

Klaus

1st you ask how is it connected, then you ask another question as to how to calculate sizes - how about learning to read data sheet and app notes - of which there are plenty online ... ?

here is a push pull situation for you to run on the free ltspice simulator.
You can use it to change the sense filter and get some idea. Hardware is best but in the first place you can use the sim.

Give me your spec and i will design it for you and give it in the sim....unless you want to do this yourself, its up to you

Attachments

• pushpull with magnetising current show.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 55

Basically, if you are filtering a current sense resistor signal, then you need to use as much filtering as possible, but still retain the basic shape and magnitude of the signal........and you want to get rid of the leaading edge spike....but if the controller has LEB time then you dont need to completely get rid of the leading edge spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.