Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC converter help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cufriend

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.. I am new here.. Does anyone here know about average current mode control dc-dc PWM buck converter?:D

Many textbooks that I read teaches only about the peak current control. Please guide me along. Thanks

If I understod you correctly, you need an DC-DC converter as a current source ?

Just put a serial resistor with your load and feed voltage drop on it to the control of the converter.
Use RC filter to slow down the change of the voltage.

TI has some good app notes on the subject.
Heres just two.

Current-Mode Control of Switching Power Supplies: **broken link removed**

Average Current Mode Control of Switching Power Supplies
**broken link removed**

All their SMPS seminar notes can be found here.
http://www.smps.us/Unitrode.html

Hi friends,

I need your help about voltage-mode dc-dc converter. Any link or document about its pros and cons in details?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Will

There are alot of textbook discuss about voltage mode dc-dc converter. You can refer the datasheet of XC6368(Torex company). That is a voltage mode dc-dc converter so you can find out some thing. I think that the most advantage of voltaage mode control is its simple structure. Howerver the stability problem is really difficult because of the double poles of the output LC filter.
Goodluck!

Code:
current mode control dc-dc PWM buck converter

What is that ?

A voltage mode is simple to design but harder to compensate because stability during the DCM n CCM mode.. the current mode control is 1 lesser pole which made the system more stable...

What do you need for the voltage mode dcdc pal?

Hi cufriend,

I need some information about voltage mode control for my FYP (IC design). This chip is for boost converter driving white LEDs connected in series. My professor suggested our group to use voltage model control + PWM for the sake of simple design.

Any good books or document or link related to voltage mode control would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance ~

Will

hello Cufriend:

Need tools / calculator to know feasible range of inductor/ capacitors for voltage mode boost convertor IC.

supposing we know all electrical parameters of this IC. And it's currently stably working with 100uF / 330uH / 50uF.

Thanks in advance,

i tried to use the MC34063 dc-dc converter IC

try to look at its datasheet, theres a know how to build one using their test parameters

it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back