Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc dc converter design 24V from 12V

Status
Not open for further replies.

juaneduardodelgado

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc dc converter design

Hi,

I'm trying to design a dc dc converter. I just need to obtain a 24V DC output from a 12V DC input, and maintain the power of the input (good efficiency).

I know what is a boost converter, and that I need a PWM module with a duty cycle of 50% to obtain a gain of 2.

But what happens with the design of the inductance and the capacitor?
I don't know how to design this part?

Someday I saw in a development board a design to obtain a dc voltage from an pwm output. But I guess it was a buck converter with a regulator and a filter (easier, I think).

I am going to take the 12V DC from a DLINK adapter that take a PoE line and offers that output. The power of the VDC input is 12W. I am going to use this to supply a RFID reader and a light system.

Thanks a lot!!!

dc dc converter design

try to use the charge pumps they are the main dc to dc convrters you can use them to multiply by n.
i used charge pump to make a 30v from 5 volts to power up an opamp.
here is a file that will help you:
**broken link removed**

dc dc converter design

Hi,
Look here for calculations:

Maxim has many such ICs. Take a look at application note:
**broken link removed**
The IC is MAX668, 12v to 24v 3A boost converter.
37_1262805833.jpg

Reference page:
**broken link removed**
Datasheet:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back