Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc convergence problem with HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagag

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am simulating a BGR using HSPICE.
When i am simulating .op at any specified temprature using .temp,it is doing fine.
But when i am trying to sweep the temprature, simulation is getting halt.I have tried with diffrent ranges of temprature,but the result is same.I tried with the different GMINDC and CONVERGENCE =2,3 also ....
I am getting surprize because when i am doing at specifice temprature,it is able solve the convergence,but why it is not able to solve the convergence with .dc sweep of temprature?

nagag said:
I am getting surprize because when i am doing at specifice temprature,it is able solve the convergence,but why it is not able to solve the convergence with .dc sweep of temprature?

maybe you wrote the netlist wrong. put a part of .lis file here with warnings or errors

regards

(1)Try to use an older or newer version of HSPICE, there maybe some bug.
(2)Try to change the TEMP sweep step(or start, end point) to avoid the failing temperature point.
(3)The SPICE model may have problem with temperature charateristics.
Consult the model provider for the accuracy of temperature characteristics.

Good luck!

this option only affect transcient analysis,
for dc convergence, if you know some node approximately voltage, try use .nodeset
Robert Qi said:
Add one of the following lines to try :

.option method=gear
.option method=trap

Add the following instruction:

.option ITL1=400

(3)The SPICE model may have problem with temperature charateristics.
Consult the model provider for the accuracy of temperature characteristics

--> some spice model have un-continue spice model section .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back