Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

data converter DC and AC performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanee

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the relationship between AC and DC performance of data converter, including ADC and DAC?

The DC performance is INL and DNL and AC performance is SNR, SFDR, SNDR.

Can I conclude that if a data converter has good DC performacen and than the AC performace is good as well, vice versa?

If the statement is not true, why?

BR,
-nathan

hi always your design will be tradeoff between many parameters. You need to choose either AC parameters or Dc parameters depending on priority.

regards

Having good specs at either AC or DC is "necessary, but not sufficient."
Take for example, an ADC that has very good DC specs. This doesn't provide any information about the AC bandwidth of the device - the BW of the input track & hold, for example, which doesn't impact the quantizer at DC.
That said, there is a strong correlation between AC/DC specs.

Look
ADC and DAC Glossary

**broken link removed**

I don't think the expression of DC adn AC performance is correct. I think it is should be called static and dynamic performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back