Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC for FPGA-DDS? DAC selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricewind

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo, I am trying to implement a DDS in my Spartan 6. The DDS is: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ds794_dds_compiler.pdf

the problem I get is trying to understand which DACs do I need to select in order to use the results of such a DDS in the analog world. I will be using signals until around 100 MHz, so I will need a DAC capable of working at 200 MHz... I have no idea on how do I need to select the DAC. I see in datasheets that they detail a "setting time", which is typically in us margin... much too low.

there must be DACs capable of doing it, as the on-chip DDSs can work until GHz and in an amateur design like: fpga4fun.com - Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) - Introduction it is so treated.

Can anybody help me with that?

thank you very much in advance

Hi,

DDs is such a great idea, its briliant for OFDM.

I once tested a 100Mhz with VirtexIV-LX, from Analog devices in current mode, but the thing is that for higher frequencies there are only video decoders, you can use them for other purposes, yes..... but what's your application? Texas Instrument has very goode codecs.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.