Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cypress PSoC I2C protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzeitoun2002

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Salam,

After submiting the start condition and the 7-bit address and the R/W bit i have to submit the address of the register needed to use is that address 8-bit 0r 16-bit? and if it is 16-bit is the highest byte sent first or the lowest?

If anyone have the complete protocol please share and please i whant a specific answers for my questions.

Thanks for your trouble.

PSoC uses 7 bit bit addressing system, so simple adress translation is demanded.

Thanks for your reply but i was asking about the offset of the register i want to access is it 8-bit or 16-bit

thanks for your trouble

It can be 16 bit / 8 bit depending on the addressing device up to my knwledge...

Cheers
idlebrain

Salam idlebrain,

thanks for your reply but i think it is the PSoC not the addressing device the addressing device is a PIC microcontroller so it's up to the PSoC I2C protocol

please if any one know the answer please reply

thanks for your trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.