Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cygwin X11 server display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogger123

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I downloaded alliance-5.0-20040714-win32-cygwin and followed instructions given in README.win32
Some of the binaries such as ocp, druc seem to be working
However, when I try opening any binary which starts a gui interface the introductory data gets printed, followed by: Error: Can't open display:

I am using Windows 98 SE, cygwin(the latest on the cygwin site; installed the entire package).
Also, do I need to have the X11 server running in the background?

for the X sever running cygwin is always better to use a comercial product

i have use xfree for cygwin but rather use MIX_3_0 or better , is really stable ... so look for MIX

so i should install mix_3 or above... does this mean it is a problem with X server...
where can i find mix_3_0

Hi Roger,

you should start the x-server. Just type startx into the cygwin terminal. You'll get either a window with a x-window manager or another terminal where bash is running.
It depends on the cygwin version.

best regards
Werner

Status
Not open for further replies.