Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Transformer Instrumentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthiban

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have CT of 100A:5A current ratio and turn ratio is 20:1. i saw some circuit that will have Rburden and diff-opamp circuit but it can only measure secondary current rating up to 30mA. In my requirement Isecondary is higher for that how do i find Rburden and i want to conditioning the signal through instrumentation amplifier, help me anyone to find the solution.

The transformer's data sheet will provide you with a recommended burden resistor. You have to look into it yourself, there is NO other way.

Anyways, the voltage that develops across that resistor will be the product of the 5 amp current and the resistor value. If such voltage is about 100 mV or more, you don't need an instrumentation amplifier, a simple opamp can do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.