Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current source transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhuvanesh123

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
00245.png

i heard some lectures there they say that current in series with thevinen resistor.but it actually in parallel.Thank you in advance

Not sure I've understood your question.
However if you have a Thevenin equivalent circuit, that is a voltage generator Vth with series resistor Rth, and you want to convert it into Norton just put the resistor Rth in parallel with a current generator having I=Vth/Rth.

Viceversa if you have a Norton equivalent circuit, that is a current source Ino with parallel resistor Rno, and you want to convert it into Thevenin just put the resistor Rno in series with a voltage generator having V=Ino*Rno

Screenshot (51).png

see the img.now say does the thevenin current is in parallel or series with resistor.actually if you see the subtitle.u can realize they says that current is parallel

There is a clear error in the subtitle: they wrote "...resistor in series with a current source" instead of "...resistor in parallel with a current source"; the two pictures are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back