Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Mirror matchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashiro

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was wondering if there is anybody who has made current mirror matching like in the figure bellow

What I usually do is combince the transistors into one bigg one, split the transistor into many fingers and connect alternate drains/sources as necessary. It's pretty easy to do once you get your head around it.

yes, but I am refering to a matching like the one in the picture

One of the basic rule of matching is to keep the same orientation for the matching transistor and this type of matching brakes this rule, but is said to give a higher matching than the conventional matching.

It may have it's merits, but I doubt it will show better matching than the technique I suggested as the devices to be matched are combined into the same transistor. I'm not sure you're right about keeping the same orientation when employing matching techniques. On of the best is splitting the transistors and laying them out in quadrature to aid matching in 2 dimensions.

I'm just trying to offer some advice. If you have a specific question about that layout I'll try to answer it. If you want to find a layout for a current mirror which exhibits good matching I've already told you.

Where did you get that layout, I never saw this kind of layout. To get a good matching, there are basically two ways to do it: one is in layout, use multi-finger, and the other is in design by maximizing the overdriven voltage of both MOSFET need to be matched, also it's good idea to use cascode to fiix the drain voltage of both MOSFET neet to be matched.

I did't see this kind of layout before.
But, looks like it might be a good idea.

this is the doc where I found this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back