Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current mirror circuit simulation using NGSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkpriya457

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using NG Spice for simulating a current mirror circuit. In the circuit the MOSFET through which Iout flows has drain left open. How can i simulate the circuit and view the output current vs voltage graph..? Can i simulate improved Wilson current mirrors in NG Spice. If not, please suggest any other open source tool for simulation. The circuit diagram of the current mirror is attached with the thread.

The Figure is attached.

CM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Where should i connect the drain of the M5.If i connect some source then it will also contribute current to the output current, so what should i connect to drain.

I out must go somewhere. If output is open circuit, there is nowhere for Iout to flow to. To test the circuit, you can connect the output to +Vdd.

Can anyone provide the netlist for simulating the circuit in NG spice?

Connect it to VDD through a charge (the easiest way is to use a resistor)

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
How can i view the Iout/Vout characteristics in NG spice?

Status
Not open for further replies.