Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current calculation problem in a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

balvendrajat

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a problem that how can i calculate a current consumed by a circuit in which component like ATMEGA16 MCU, L293D driver, 12 volt DC relay, GSM SIM900 Module etc.
please help me

i mean which current rating transformer i use how can i decide it

Assuming that the primary power source for yor circuitry is DC, say 5 or 12V, then your combination of digital circuits and relays can consume a wide range of current OVER TIME.
Use a DVM or an analog meter to record current peaks, then you must decide if the peaks are short (duty cycle <10%) or longer, then use a large capacitor to cover the peaks while a lower-current can be supplied from a larger internal-resistance supply.
For AC primary, use rather a higher-power supply to be sure larger current peaks do not affect the DC voltage needed for the digital circuits. Best of all, use separate power supplies for low-power circuits and "power" circuits like relays, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.